This section of the blog is dedicated to help and support for those who are struggling with their mental health or know of someone who is. It contains a variety of links and contact details where necessary.
For urgent support in a crisis please call 999 or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E) if in the UK. If you are in the US then please call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
The following are UK based.
- Mental Health Crisis Angels – Online twitter peer to peer support service by volunteers with personal experience of mental health.
- Mind – Mental health charity with lots of information and support. Also has an InfoLine 0300 123 3397 or text 86463.
- Rethink Mental Illness – Advice and information line 0300 5000 927. You can also use an online webchat.
- Samaritans – Offers emotional support 24 hours a day on 116 123. Can also email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sane Line – Offers emotional support 16:30 – 22:30 on 0300 304 7000. You can also sign up for text care through their website.
- C.A.L.M – Suicide prevention and support 0800 58 58 58 (nationwide) or 0800 802 58 58 (london)
The following are US based.
- Mental Health America – Provides signposting to help and support.
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741 for free 24/7 crisis support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Free 24/7 support line – 1 800 273 8255.
- BPD Support Group – Online support groups for BPD.